BACK AND AWAY (and my super salad Quinoa recipe)

I have been away from this blog for a while dear marsupials. I know I broke my promise of weekly content but I have good reasons for it:  I’ve been busy between the twister of the end of the financial year, my wedding plans and planning my trip to Chile. That’s right I am going to Chile and I will get terrific tips and tricks to share with you all.

A couple of weeks ago we celebrated my birthday (yaaaaay!).

When I was planning my birthday dinner I wanted to go all South American but I was a bit scared to shout my Aussie family to a nice Colombian/Chilean/Venezuelan restaurant as the food is quite different to what their palates are used to. So I decide to go classic and I chose Mexican with a twist.

I peak Cantina in Acland Street. This restaurant is delightful! We got a tapas style menu with sharing plates so we could taste a bit of everything. The food was real good. We enjoyed every dish and the taste was far from the usual Tex-Mex (which is good).

My favourite dish was the Tamales, a corn dumpling filled with duck. I also loved the Quinoa salad and because this was super tasty and healthy we actually cooked our own version at home. It is so simple and delicious, best of all you can serve it with almost anything (fish, chicken, beef, etc)

Mexican style healthy quinoa salad (4 to 6 serves)



Ingredients:

  •         ½ cup of quinoa
  •         1 can of lentils
  •         1 can of corn
  •         1 can of mixed beans
  •         1 lemon Lemon
  •         Olive oil (I use garlic infused oil)
  •         Jalapeno chilli
  •         Red chilli (mild or hot is up to you)
  •         Coriander or Parsley






Rinse the quinoa with cold water under the tap, then cook it in a saucepan as you will cook rice until is soft but still crunchy. In a large bowl mixed the content of every can (drained of course), add the quinoa, the juice of the lemon, the olive oil, the chilli finely chopped and the coriander. Mix all the ingredients together…y listo!

I tried it with diced pan fried chicken breast last night, it’s delish!

Comments

Popular Posts